Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Update Last Doctor Visit

So I went to the Head/Neck surgeon on Thursday. Asked me a bunch of questions, felt my neck and didn't feel the lump. At least I don't think he did, though he said he did. lol He put that skinny tube w the camera down my nostril and into my throat to look around. He asked me if I've been coughing lately. I said that I had for maybe about 2 weeks. It's probably longer than that, but I haven't kept track. He said he could see the irritation in my throat from coughing, but saw nothing else...no tumors, etc. This 'lump' that I feel and still here the clicking from is under my skin. It's either just above the thyroid or on the thyroid itself. I feel like nothing is resolved for me.

Steve says that it's good that there's nothing wrong. I told him that it something is STILL not right. I'm still very fatigued all the time...taking a nap almost everyday. I had to take a nap today just so I would have enough energy to work out on the treadmill. I hadn't been on the treadmill since the trip to Hawaii. Today my goal was to be on it for 2 minutes, but because I was close to doing 3/4 mile, I pushed myself that extra 1:58 minutes to make it exactly that.

I still am pretty frustrated with my HMO, but they haven't heard the last of me yet. I'm going to ask to see an endocrinologist next. I have been trying for 2 1/2 years to get referred, but no such luck. I think since the current PCP (primary care provider) has referred me for all these other tests, she'll probably refer me for this. I'm sure they'd like me to shut up and go away. lol I want to see an endocrinologist who treats on symptoms and would prescribe Armour (pig thyroid hormone) if it might help. Finding this certain endocrinologist is going to be difficult.

Next appointment up...my ob/gyn. I'm going to ask for a uterine ablation. That time of the month has been hell on me between my tubal ligation and the start of my thyroid issues after the birth of my last child in 1999. If I had my way, I'd have a hysterectomy. But I think that would be highly unlikely for two reasons: one, they don't do it just because you want it, and two, even though I'm a stay at home mom, I can't afford to take that recovery time that it requires. Steve is gone 12 hours a day or more, and I am the one responsible for all things concerning house and kids. June 12th is when that appointment is up, and I'm trying not to schedule anything else until then. Well, maybe try to see about the endocrinologist. Or I wonder if I should ask my ob/gyn if she knows someone good. I just don't know.

1 comment:

Queenie said...

Oh honey, I do hope that they can sort things out for you.(((HUGS)))

Apture