Monday, September 1, 2008

Funny What Kind of Things Affect Your Weight Loss

I just realized that on my last Taking It Off Together post, I didn't mention that I did have a change in weight, but because different things were affecting my body, I could not get an accurate result. Here's the deal:

Since I have an autoimmune disease, anytime I get sick, whether it's a cold, UTI, or whatever, it usually hits me harder and longer than someone without one. I'm not sure if this happens to everyone with an autoimmune disease, but this is how it affects me. For example, if I get the flu, it will take me two weeks to recover instead of just one. I still have a bruised area on my leg from the fall I had SEVERAL months ago. I was told that my bruising would heal in about 2 months, it's now 6 months and still not completely healed. I'm sure you get the idea.

So, with the medication and the UTI, my weight was fluctuating a LOT. Then it started to keep going up and up. It went up as much as FOUR pounds in one week. I was suffering from lots of myxedema swelling thanks to the UTI and meds. Soon as I started to recover, I finally went back down and lost all those four pounds. Well, almost all of it. Stay tuned for tomorrow's weigh in.

No comments:

Apture