Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation and Hashimoto's Don't Mix

Vacation can be the worst in the life of someone with Hashimoto's. At least in my case, it increases my symptoms. I found that I'm not as responsible with staying on top of my meds during vacation. I eat way too much of all the wrong things. I drink far more soda than I ever would at home. As always, when it's unbearably hot, I swell up. All these things combined made me swell twice as much as I normally do. I swear, my feet felt like they were gonna pop. As a matter of fact, they are still swollen. I also gained 2 or 3 pounds on vacation.

Why is it that I think that vacation gives me the right to do all the things that I shouldn't be doing? I gotta get myself into shape, especially since, in about three weeks, I will be taking a p.e. class in college that requires me to work out. I'll probably be the only old fatty in there with all the thin young people. *sigh*

Apture