Here's what I'm discovering:
- Had it not been for my asking to be put on T3 meds, I would probably still be taking 3-4 hour naps just to get through the day.
- Now that I'm on the T3 meds, I am functioning a lot better and my labs have been good for almost 2 yrs now.
- I've been finally able to lose some kind of weight. I never could in the first ten years. I either kept from gaining, or when my meds weren't right, I would just gain & gain.
- There are certain things that I know will trigger swelling if I eat or drink them.
- I need to find more will power to stay away from those triggers.
- Soda is probably my biggest downfall despite the fact that I have been slowly tapering off.
- Extreme heat/sun makes me swell and feel bad.
- Soda makes me swell BIG time.
- I have to exercise at least 5x a week for 30 minutes without fail. The minute I cut down to two or three times a week, I start gaining again. It's unfair really.
- If I forget to take my Cytomel just once during the day, I'm feeling it the next day.
Knowing all these things, I still do them. It's time for me to break out of this habit and start kicking butt.